For recurring tasks there are task templates to prevent you from having to create the same tasks and subtasks repeatedly. If you add a task to the task board manually, you can choose a template in the field Task name.
The templates are also used in the task scheduling automation. In both cases, the task is placed on the task board with the parameters set in the templates. Task templates therefore determine WHAT will appear on the task board.
AdminPulse is supplied with several preset task templates. The page for managing the task templates is found under Settings >Task templates.
It opens as a list of the templates, with for each template the properties of the main task.
Task templates supplied with AdminPulse can be copied, but can also be changed or deleted directly. All parameters of the task or subtask can be adjusted as desired, such as, for example, the item on which time is registered, the default duration and to whom the task is assigned by default during the planning.
If tasks have already been planned that use this template, you will be given the choice to adjust the existing tasks with that change.
Overview of the properties:
- Task name
- Price list item*: For which you want to register time from this task. Default value is ‘Fees’, but you can also pick a self-created item.
- Assign to*: This is the user to whom the task is assigned when it is planned. Here you can also choose ‘Assistant’ or ‘Responsible’. The task will be assigned to the user who is set up for this profile in the relation file.
- Show in dropdown list: If you prefer not to use this template, you uncheck this. It will no longer be shown in the dropdown lists.
- ‘Person, ‘Sole proprietor’ and ‘Company’ determine for which relation types this task is suggested. But it is still possible to link a task to a relation of another type.
- Subtask type: Different subtask types behave differently on the task board.
- Deadline offset: Determines how a subtasks deadline is set in relation to that of the main task
- Default duration: The number of minutes that will be suggested in the registration form or that will be registered automatically.
- Use in task board: If you do not want a subtask on the task board, uncheck this.
*Tip: These two properties exist on both the level of the main task and the subtask. If they are not set on the subtask, the value of the main task is used and shown italicized.
Via the buttons with the calendar icon you get access to the schedules that belong to this task.
If you change parameters in the task templates that are applied in the scheduled tasks (see Automation of task schedules), you can choose to make those changes there. The tasks that are already on the task board are then adjusted in the same way.
Start by clicking the ‘+ Add’ button. In the dialog that opens, you can enter a value for all the properties of the main task.
Click ‘Add’ and the new task template appears in the list:
The same way, you can add subtasks to the template here.
Move the mouse pointer over an expanded task template, click on the three dots that appear and select ‘Duplicate’.
Under the template, a duplicate appears. In this duplicate you can edit all the properties..